This page lists some external projects which have used PTAM. If you know of any more to add to the list please let me know!
- Richard Newcombe’s live dense reconstruction system shown at CVPR’10 uses PTAM for tracking.
- The Australian Center for Visual Technologies have used PTAM as a live tracking front-end for their VideoTrace system.
- Some folks at ETH seem to have managed to use PTAM to guide a miniature helicopter. Crazy. This video also shows the use of some seriously wide-angle optics. Papers describing the sFly project here.
- Zenitum have a prototype virtual pet based on Mini-PTAM.
- Of course there’s Bob Castle’s multi-map version of PTAM, called PTAMM.
- EPFL’s Michael Calonder used PTAM to test his compact fern signatures.
- More live 3D reconstruction from the University of Alberta presented at 3DPVT.
- Aug 2010: Even more live dense 3D reconstruction from TU Munich / TU Dresden, with a paper online. This seems to be a new hot topic, with three independent implementations all arriving in 2010.